Pre-Primary Supply List
What to bring the first day of school for the 2017-2018 School Year
Amazon – You can designate Children’s House as your “Amazon Smile” charity (non-profit) recipient for ALL purchases and we will receive rewards to our Parent Fundraising account. Go to smile.amazon.com
School Supplies: These generic supplies will go into the general school supplies. They DO NOT need to be marked with names.
- 1 package of white copy/printer paper (500 sheets – 8 ½ x 11)
- 1 pack of “My First Pencil” large round No. 2 pencils (Ticonderoga Dixon brand preferred)
- 1 small bottle of white liquid Elmer’s glue
- 1 package of Play Doh brand play doh (4 pack)
- 1 pack Crayola colored pencils (24 pack or larger)
- 1 box of LARGE (Broad-point) Washable Crayola Markers
- 1 box of regular Crayola Crayons (24 pack or larger)
- 1 set of Crayola Watercolors (8 color or more)
- 2 cube boxes of soft tissues
- 2 bottles of Softsoap brand liquid soap (any scent/kind)
- 1 4 x 6 photograph of your child for their cubby
- 1 pair of indoor shoes – Students change into these when they enter the classroom and change out of them for outdoor time and to go home. Comfortable slip on slippers/shoes/crocs are fine. Children should be able to put on/take off themselves.) Teachers request no characters or light-up shoes.
- A complete change of clothes in a zip lock bag marked with your child’s name (2 or 3 complete changes of clothes if potty training). Extra socks and underwear should be included. Please be sure to mark each individual item with your child’s name or initials.
- If needed for friends working on potty skills: a pack of pull- ups (sticky tab kind only) and a large box of wipes marked with your child’s name.
- A tote bag to carry papers/ belongings home – if you would like a Children’s House one, just ask the office!
Snack: Your teacher will send home a “grocery list” with approximately a week’s worth of snack for the class. We will cycle through the class list to provide these snacks throughout the year. Please send snack in original containers so we have the nutrition information and ingredients available in the event of allergies. These snacks count towards your Co-Op hours. Please let us know if your child has dietary requirements and restrictions.
Pictures: Please send in one picture of your child for us to use on our cubbies.
Students who stay all day (past 12pm) also need:
- Lunch: lunchbox or lunch bag labeled with your child’s name if your child stays for lunch. NOTE: We are always striving to be as “GREEN” as possible so please send in reusable utensils and containers to cut down on disposable waste.
- Nap items: A nap mat or child sized sheet to fit over the rest mat and a small blanket, both marked with your child’s name. Children’s House will have nap mats that fit well over our plastic mats as well as in the cubby for $20 each while supplies last. You can also find these at Amazon, Target, JC Penney, Pottery Barn Kids and LL Bean.
Outdoor Weather Policy: Children will play outdoors daily when there is no active precipitation and when weather and air quality conditions do not pose a significant health risk to children as identified by the National Weather Service. Children’s House has access to NOAA weather radio announcements and will check and verify through the National Weather Service website about conditions in our zip code area if weather conditions warrant. Please dress children appropriately.
For safety purposes children must have appropriate shoes for playing on the playground equipment. We recommend tennis shoes, sneakers, or a full tie or buckle shoe with a rubber soled bottom. Enclosed heels and toes are required for all climbing playground equipment. Crocs, dress shoes (shoes with slippery bottoms) and wheeled shoes should not be worn.
Due to limited cubby space no overstuffed sleeping bags or pillows please.