Makin’ Music with Ms. Linda
Here’s what we did at music today:
We did a quick review of the 4 previous movements of “Carnival of the Animals” since this is the last week I will feature it. I brought out the 4 percussion instruments we had chosen from my big grey bin a couple of weeks ago to see if they remembered which we had agreed would accompany each of the movements best. I played my guitar differently for each of the 4 verses of the hello song, then asked everyone which of the movements I was trying to match.
- The Hello Song (“Carnival of the Animals” style!)
- Eggs Song: “Simple Gifts” (we compared three very different versions of this that I played from i-Tunes)
- “Feliz Navidad”
- Sticks Song: “Walking in a Winter Wonderland”
- Percussion Play-Along: Early American Settlers Music
- Mystery Instrument: I brought in a traditional flute, a water flute, and a terra cotta bird whistle, and we discussed the differences and how each instrument works.