Makin’ Music with Ms. Linda
I hope your child has been enjoying our music classes as much as I have! I put an emphasis on musical expression today which each song and activity we did. We are also getting closer to performing “The Farm Alarm” as a musical theater piece.
Here’s what we did:
- The Hello Song (highlighting musical expression)
- The Farm Alarm
- Eggs Song: “This Little Light of Mine”
- Sticks Song: “Alphabet Soup” (focusing on instruments from the string, brass, and percussion families)
- “Jumping in the Leaves” (action song with scarf dancing)
- Percussion Play-Along: “Thriller” (Michael Jackson)
- .Parachute: 3 Little Leaves (rhythmic chant)
- Critical Listening: The Fourth Movement of “Carnival of the Animals” (Kangaroos)
- Mystery Instruments: Xylophone
The xylophone was a great instrument to use for our musical expression focus! We figured out different parts to play that would mimic our animals movements and characteristics from the first 4 movements of “Carnival of the Animals”.